Did You Know
Divorce Resources - Maleski Eisenhut & Zielinski, LLC, Flemington NJ

Family Assets - Courts view a stay-at-home spouse as contributing to the family's assets. As such, if your spouse's assets or business has increased in value during the marriage, you may be entitled to a percentage of that growth upon divorce.

Answers to Common Questions

Q: What is the process in a Civil complaint?

If you believe you have a claim against another person or entity for damages, those claims must be filed with the Complaint.  Claims may be assault, conversion (theft), battery, fraud or any other civil claim outside of Family Law.  If these "Tevis" claims do not settle as part of the Family Law action, the Court will bifurcate (separate) the civil case and the civil claims will be handled in the Civil Part, which has its own specific rules and procedures.

Given the potential complexity of some civil cases, a litigant should strongly consider an attorney with experience.  The attorneys at Maleski Eisenhut & Zielinski, LLC are familiar with these processes and are prepared to help you.  Contact us online or call 908-237-9711.

back to list